I thought it would be nice to share some stuff about me with you in today’s post! Here’s 30 things you probably didn’t know…
1. John and I would love to keep a sausage dog, but we haven’t got round to it yet!
2. I love cooking and think the majority of my dishes come out OK… but I am a horrific baker, anything cake related usually comes out a bit of a nightmare!
3. I get vertigo at the top of tall buildings but love flying by plane more than anything!
4. I lived in Saudi Arabia for four years when I was a kid due to my Parent’s jobs.
5. I am the eldest of six children.
6. When I’m not pregnant, I love nothing more than a free evening to cook a three course meal in, with a beautiful bottle of red wine. Whilst I am pregnant as it turns out, I can’t really be bothered with cooking much at all!
7. I have always wanted to have REALLY purple hair (like the girl’s wig in the movie Kick Ass), but for some reason, it always seems to come out dark brown with a hint of red?!
8. John and I met when I was just 18 years old. He was a quantity surveyor and I was a junior secretary. I fancied him from the first moment I saw him!
9. My favourite holiday ever was to Cuba with John when I was 21. It was a three star, all inclusive holiday that we managed to get for £600 each. We drank cocktails constantly and went to Club Tropicana.
10. In Cuba, I swam with dolphins… and I found it to be a thoroughly terrifying experience.
11. I cannot stand raw celery.
12. I want to live by the sea one day.
13. I love old fashioned names – Ruby, Coral and Rose are amongst my favourite girls names.
14. I love live music and have been lucky enough to see New Order, The Beastie Boys, U2, Sterophonics, Kasabian, Garbage, Britney Spears amongst tonnes of others over the course of my varied gig going history!
15. I love writing and my only A at GCSE was in English Language.
16. I left sixth form early and ended up doing my A Levels at evening college a couple of years later – I took Film Studies and Sociology.
17. My favourite perfume is Gucci Rush.
18. My favourite surprise from John was when he took me to Bruges on the Euro Star for my birthday one year.
19. Although I own about 20 pairs of beautiful high heels, you will almost always find me in either a flat pair of boots, or a pair of leopard print converse!
20. I love Hawaiian music.
21. My favourite flowers are pink lily’s.
22. Home made shepherds pie is my favourite dinner in the world.
23. I visited Scotland for the first time this Summer.
24. I once sat on an underground train in London opposite Paul Nicholls and my legs went all wobbly!
25. I always claim that I am a night owl and not a morning person at all, but most of the best work that I do is in the morning each day.
26. John and I go on holiday to the same apartment in Cornwall every year in May. We can’t wait to take the new baby there!
27. My favourite film is True Romance. Closely followed by Monty Pythons Holy Grail.
28. My favourite book is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson.
29. One day, I would love to go to Costa Rica on holiday.
30. I love flamingos and would like to decorate at least one room in our house with flamingo wallpaper.
So there you go – a little insight into Laura Land for you! I would love to know some interesting ‘facts’ about you! Why not share three of yours with us over on the Facebook page?!